donderdag 14 april 2016

An owl and a sixpack



Months ago I made a pattern of an owl, but I did not do anything with it. This week I had a lot of fmq practice, but I wanted to do anything else So I took this lovely brown fabric amd sew this owl, The back is the same fabric.  The quilting are branches and leaves.
You can download the pattern (6, 8 and 10 inch). I will add the rotary cut instructions for the 8 and 10 inch patterns, because you do not niet to paper piece this this.

Maanden geleden maakte ik dit uilenpatroon, maar ik heb er niets mee gedaan. Deze week heg ik veel geoefend met quilten uit de vrije hand, maar ik wilde wat anders. Ik had dit leuke bruine stofje en heb daarmee deze uil genaaid. Ik heb om de uil takken en bladeren gequilt. De achterkant is dezelfde bruine stof.

Download pattern and rotary instructions (4, 5, 6, 8 and 10 inch).

I see a lovely baby quilt with this pattern. I will add one of more of my mice blocks.

Ik kan me een prachtig baby quilt voorstellen met dit patroon. Ik doe er dan wel een of meer muizen bij.

Bijschrift toevoegen
I never published these mice patterns. I will test the patterns and publish them soon,

I used a hopping foot to quilt, but with ky husqvarna it is possible to use a embroidery foot to quilt. the foot stays 1/8 inch  above the fabric when sewing. I love the sound of the hopping foot, butnot my husband, I found this week a fmq tutorial on You Tube. The quilter used an embroidery feet!!! So I tried an embroidery foot and it is easy free motion quilting with a lot less noise. It was not easy and difficult to keep equal stitches with straight lines, but it is getting better already. My husband is happy with less noise!

Ik gebruikte altijd een hopping voetje om te quilten. Op You Tube zag ik een filmpje waarin gequild werd met een borduurvoetje dat boven het naaiwerk zweeft. Ik hou van het geluid van quilten met een hopping voetje, maar mijn man niet. Daarom probeerde ik het borduurvoetje op mijn zesde IKEA oefenplacemat. Het is zo heerlijk quilten, maar wel even wennen. Zeker met rechte lijnen. Maar mijn man is erblij mee.
A little bit noisy!!!

Will use embroidery feet to fmq 



I finished already a sixpack  IKEA practice fmq placemats already. I have two to go. I bought some more IKEA fabric to practice straight lines with the embroidery foot. After all that practice it is time to finish the quilting of the chicken mini's.

Ik heb inmiddels een sixpack met IKEA quiltoefenplacemats gemaakt. De laatste zwevend met de borduurvoet. Ik maak er nog twee en dan ga ik oefenen met lange lijnen met een ander IKEA stofje. Als die oefeningen af zijn ga ik mijn kippen mini's quilten.


A sixpack fmq practice already binded and washed. Two to go!
This IKEA  fabric is already sandwiched to practice staright
line quilting with the embroidery foot.


 Feel free to download my patterns. You are only allowed to use them for yourself and not for commercial use . When you use my patterns, please mention my name and link in your post to the patterns. I will be pleased to recieve a picture of your work with my patterns.

Deze patronen zijn gratis te downlooaden voor eigen, niet commercieel, gebruik. Als je mijn patronen gebruikt, vermeld dan mijn naam en link in je blogbericht naar de patronen op mijn blog. Ik zou het leuk vinden een foto van je werk met mijn patronen te ontvangen.
So nice of you to stopping by. Feel free to leave a  comment. I love it.

Fijn dat u langs kwam. Ik waardeer het als u een bericht achter laat..

Love from Amsterdam and keep sewing

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten