dinsdag 16 september 2014

Lovely home, babysitting and graffity.

We moved ten months ago to this house, 10 minutes away by bus or by bike from the centre of Amsterdam. It is a very quiet place with friendly neighbours. I preferred living in the center of Amsterdam, but that was not an option for my husband. And he was right. We enjoyed our big teracce with all the sun of this year summer. And I love to go downtown and enjoy busy Amsterdam whenever I want, but enjoy as well the birds and trees at home.

We zijn nu tien maanden geleden verhuisd naar dit huis tien minuten per fiets of bus van het centrum van Amsterdam. Heerlijk  rustig en vriendelijke buren. Ik wilde liever in het centrum van Amsterdam wonen, maar dat leek mijn man niets. En hij had gelijk. We genieten op ons heerlijke terras deze zonovergoten zomer. Ik vind het heerlijk om de drukte van Amsterdam in te gaan, maar kan genieten van alle vogels en bomen hier.


We love to live in one of these houses with a big, big terrace next to this parc with lots and lots of birds. When I walk through this parc with my granddaughters there are lots of things to discover.

We wonen hier heerlijk aan de rand van dit park. Als we hier met onze kleindochters lopen is er altijd veel te ontdekken.

Every Thursday we take care of our youngest grandson and this weekend he is here! We are so proud to help his parents and of course he is a very special boy! A little complication, we need to take care of our other grandson too! So granddad will stay at home and I go Saturday afternoon to Utrecht to look after this also very special boy and play with the eldest granddaughter.

Iedere donderdag passen we op onze jongste kleinzoon en dit weekend is hij bij ons. We zijn blij dat wij zijn ouders kunnen helpen en natuurlijk is het een heerlijk ventje!!! Een kleine complicatie, we moeten ook op onze andere kleinzoon passen. Dus opa blijft thuis en ik ga zaterdagmiddag en -avond naar Utrecht, om op dat ook al heerlijke ventje te passen.

Grandson on Leah Day quilt


I made this week another chicken placemat en intend to make another 12 of them. A nice present to give to the children when it is Easter! I am early this year.
Ik heb deze week nog een kippenplacemat gemaakt. Er komen er nog 12 bij. Een goed kado om aan de kindeeren te geven met Pasen! Ik ben er vroeg bij dit jaar!



The VW-bus baby quilt/wallhanging is on his way. My daughter wants a white background. But I think the fabric she choosed voor the biggest part of the car is too light for a white background. We had to buy another fabric, when she is back on Friday. She does not want the wall hanging quilted, so I spray basted the top before stitching the parts on the top.

De VW-bus baby quilt/wandkleed begint te lijken. Mijn dochter wilde een witte achtergrond. Ik ben bang dat haar stof voor de bovenkant van de bus dan te licht is. Dat moet ze zelf maar even aangeven als ze volgende week terug is van vakantie. Ze kan dan eventueel andere stof kopen. Ik mag de quilt niet quilten, dus lijm ik de lagen aan elkaar voor ik de busdelen op de quilt stik.


I found this week the blog of Karlee Porter and her beautiful graffitty quilting. I was amazed. The designs of her quilts are so beautiful. She has such beautiful patterns and combination of patterns. So I draw a lot of her patterns in my sketchbook, sandwiched a black cotton ( 90 cm x 70 cm) and put my new hopping foot on my machine. I took all the blue and green threads out of the box with Isacords and enjoyed more than 12 hours of quilting fun. It is still practice.  I will cut this piece in placemats. I have some mustard green fabric for the binding. In October I plan to dye some fabrics and quilt them for real with my own design. I think about an owl in a tree by night.

Ik heb van de week het blog gevonden van Karlee Porter en haar prachtige graffity-quilting. Ik ben verbaasd over haar patronen, combinaties en design. Dus ik teken haar patronen in mijn schetsboek als ik maar even tijd heb. Ik heb mijn nieuwe quiltvoet op de machine gezet, al mijn groene en blauwe garens uit de doos gehaald en een quiltje van 90x70 cm vol gequilt met 'graffity'. Meer dan 12 uur plezier. Het is een oefenstuk, dus ik snij er placemats van. Ik heb mosterdgroene stof om ze af te biezen. Ik ga in oktober katoen verven en dan echt mooie graffity quilts maken met een echt design. Ik denk aan uilen in het bos.

The sandwich and threads.



detail

detail

a page in my sketchbook



It is so nice of you stopping by, I love to hear from everyone of you, so please feel free to leave a comment.
If you have a question I will try and respond by e-mail. Please make sure your blogger profile is linked to your e-mail, otherwise I wont be able to e-mail you back.
If you need to reach me feel free to e-mail me: maartjequilt@gmail.com

Thanks so much for reading

Love from Amsterdam, keep quilting

Maartje

28 opmerkingen:

  1. Wow! YOur graffitti piece looks much better than any of my practice quiting! What a great use of colored thread.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Where you are living looks great! The centre of Amsterdam is lovely, but sounds like you have the best of both worlds. Cute grandson, amazing quilting.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Wow! Your grafitti quilting is fabulous!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Your quilting is so creative and interesting.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. wow, your quilting is just beautiful!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. What fabulous quilting! I really love the different patterns and threads!
    Thanks for sharing!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Your grandson is adorable! Oh man, your 'practice' quilting is fabulous!! So beautifully done!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Beautiful quilting! And your grandson is adorable!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. You're creating some amazing quilting!!!! Just beautiful...as is your little grandson!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Cool quilting! I wish my real quilting looked as good as your practice.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Thanks for sharing! Loved having a visit with you today! Your stitching is beautiful and those chicken placemats are so cute!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Wow that practice piece was amazing, I studied it for some time. Love it and all the colors you used.. Beuatiful

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. That quilting in beautiful! Thank you for sharing. And I'm glad you're enjoying the house in the "country".

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. I love the chicken place mats, and your quilting is to die for! I will be coming back to be inspired again.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. Visiting from My Quilt Infatuation. The chickens are wonderful, but I'm blown away by your graffitti! It looks amazing all put together like that. And great idea to cut it apart later to make something. Good way to use your practice pieces.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. It's a pain to move but once you're done, you can enjoy. Continue to enjoy the city but also your grandchildren. / Bambi Hug

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  17. The graffiti quilting is beautiful. I'd love to give it a go. Thanks for sharing your lovely stitching.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  18. I may have to get over my resistance to breaking thread to change color; your results are stunning!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  19. so important to ones creativity to live where you can connect to nature, isn't it?
    LeeAnna

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  20. Your home sounds lovely an I love your graffiti quilting!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  21. Beautiful piece of quilting. You are doing wonderful work!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  22. Your new home sounds lovely and your graffiti quilting is so beautiful!!

    -Soma

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  23. The stitching is fabulous and it looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for a glimpse into your home, your surroundings, and your family.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  24. Your quilting is amazing. Lovely photos!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  25. Your quilting is amazing, you definitely have a talent! I have always wanted to learn, but haven't taken the time to yet. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen