woensdag 16 oktober 2013

Borders, a frog and a new sewing machine and a new house!

The last two days I was busy with the borders and the back of my Aiming for accuracy quilt. I thought I can sew, so easy peacy! How wrong! May be when I have pieced a lot more blocks, I will laugh, but now I am a little bit frustrated. (not too much!) Piecing accurate is a matter of experience. And that is just what is missing. Two days to add three simple borders! and I need to buy some more contrasting fabric to finish the top!

Ik ben de laatste twee dagen druk bezig met de randen en achterkant van mijn Aiming for Accuracy quilt. I dacht het wel even te doen, maar dat had ik goed mis. Ik zal eerst meer blokken moeten naaien en dan lag ik er om, maar nu steekt het me wel. Accuraat blokken naaien is een kwestie van ervaring en dat heb ik niet. Twee dagen om drie simpele randen aan mijn quilt te naaien. Morgen nog even stof kopen om de laatste rand af te maken.
I had to buy cotton to finish the top!
For our fourth grandchild!


Two weeks ago I bought fleece, a fat quarter lovely green fabric and yellow frog fabric and made this frog bag for the baby shower of our daughter in law and our fourth grandchild! Somewhere I changed the thread in the bobbin for water soluble thread, but I did not know when! Fortunately I had another present to give.
After spraying with water the frog lost his mouth and one eye and I had four pieces of fabric again. After half an hour the bag was finished! I wish there was a spray to dissolve cotton or polyester thread!
Months ago I pinned a picture of a baby bag like this made of a cushion cover. The picture does not link to an website, so I do not know who to give credits for the frog bag idea. The couple was very happy with the bag!

Twee weken terug kocht ik fleece op de Albert Cuyp en twee mooie katoentjes bij mijn favoriete quiltwinkel in Tuindorp Oostzaan voor deze baby draagzak. Ik wilde het bij de baby shower van mijn schoondochter geven. Over een maand krijgen zij een jongen of een meisje!  
Halverwege het naaien, heb ik mijn spoel verwisseld voor een spoeltje met oplosbaar draad! Er lag gelukkig nog een leuk ander  cadeau om te geven en van de week heb ik de zak overnieuw gemaakt. Ik heb met de plantenspuit de zak bespoten en toen verloor de kikker één oog en zijn grote mond. De vier lappen kon ik zo van elkaar halen.Was er maar een spray om katoen of polyesterdraad op te lossen!
De zak met kikker is niet mijn idee. Maanden geleden pinde ik een foto met een babydraagzak gemaakt van een kussensloop. De afbeelding op Pinterest linkt niet meer naar een website, dus ik weet niet wie ik de eer moet geven voor het idee.

Tomorrow I go to the shop to look at a new sewing machine, a machine for quilting! I think about the Husqvarna Sapphire 875Q. It is on sale for 1100 euro, that is a big discount. It is my birthday in a few weeks, 65, and the family want to give me a present! Lucky me!
Husqvarna Sapphire 875Q


Morgen ga ik naar de winkel om naar een nieuwe naaimachine te kijken. Ik wil graag een Husqvarna Sapphire 875Q. (Hij is nu 1100 euro bij Wouters Naaimachinehandel, Van Woustraat in Amsterdam.) Ik ben over een paar weken jarig (65!) en ik krijg een cadeau van de familie! Bof ik even!





Just heard we have the house we wanted. A little bit tough negociations and we had to take a pause of two weeks before re-opening the bidding, but we can move in before Christmas! A lovely house with big terrace at the edge of a beautiful park with lots of birds and a tiny river 15 minutes away from the centre of Amsterdam! We are lucky! Lovely place to have our grandchildren with us.

Net gehoord dat we het huis hebben dat we wilden. Het waren moeizame onderhandeling die we twee weken hebben moeten onderbreken, maar het is gelukt en we verhuizen voor Kerstmis! Een mooi huis aan het rand van een park met een kleine breek op vijftien minuten van het centrum van Amsterdam!  Wat een geluk! Heerlijk voor als de kleinkinderen komen.



It is so nice of you stopping by, I love to hear from everyone of you, so please feel free to leave a comment.
If you have a question I will try and respond by e-mail. Please make sure your blogger profile is linked to your e-mail, otherwise I wont be able to e-mail you back.

If you need to reach me feel free to e-mail me: maartjequilt@gmail.com

Thanks so much for reading

Keep quilting!

Maartje Quilt
Amsterdam

18 opmerkingen:

  1. Good Luck to a new sewing machine!!Hugs Bambi

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Love your frog! How exciting to get a new machine.....enjoy.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Love your work. I have that sewing machine and you will love all the fancy pants gadgets! Enjoy.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I have feared using water soluble thread when I didn't mean to. So far so good. Sorry about your experience! The frog is really cute. And I agree: accuracy is a real challenge. I let some unmatched corners and pointless triangles go by though. I probably don't have enough perfectionist instinct.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. You've been busy! Love the frog project and congrats on the new sewing machine!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I have the Viking Sapphire 875Q and I absolutely love it! What a fantastic birthday present!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Your quilt and the frog are looking wonderful, even if there were set backs on the way. I wish you an early Happy Birthday! I hope you will enjoy your new machine :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. you little frog bag is so cute, way to persevere through the troubles! and what a fantastic gift for your birthday. That is so exciting!

    I'm so happy you shared at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Well done on your accuracy blocks....perfection is always difficult. Cute frog bag too! Congratulations on your birthday.....enjoy the new sewing machine. What a wonderful pressie. Have fun and enjoy.....Marie x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Frustrating about the bobbin thread but the bag sure is cute. Congrats on the house!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Congratulations on the house! We loved our holiday in Amsterdam last year and cycled through the parks of your beautiful city :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Congratulations on a new house love the little frogie bag.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. I really like my Sapphire 875Q. The throat space is about the largest out there for the price range, the bobbin area is super easy to clean, and I've never had tension problems, which is a worth a bundle in itself!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. Hello Maartje I miss you ,,,where are you???Hugs Bambi in Sweden

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. I've missed seeing ya around in the blogging world. Just stopped by to say hi!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hello Valerie,
      I will unpack mine quilt stuff and install it in my new home and start quilting again. Thank you very much for your kind reaction!

      Verwijderen
  16. Hello Bambi, I haven't be able to blog or to quilt for a while. But I am back again! I will unpack my quilt things and install them in my new home and start agian. Thank you for your interest!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen