maandag 5 augustus 2013

A finish and two old finishes cut in pieces.

It was a lovely summer weekend. I was sitting with my sewing machine on the balcony and enjoyed the view. Especially when the sun goes down with the flood light!

I finished this weekend a second mini quilt with hyper quilting. It is a present for one of my oldest friend, who has her birthday this Wednesday.
Finally the binding is no problem anymore. Nice mitered corners, all four! Finished in 25 minutes. A personal record!
 
The mini quilt I finished this weekend

A present together with this one for a friend for more than forty years!

 I cut two wall ahngings in to pieces for place mats and mug rugs.

My SewCalGal fmq challenge #5  in pieces ......

and my 'Look1' wall hanging in pieces

Besides cutting the wall hangings into pieces, I had pull out the binding. I do not like binding quilts. But when you cut a quilt in pieces, the pieces need a lot more binding!

Thanks everybody for your kind words!

It is so nice of you for stopping by, I love to hear from everyone of you, so please feel free to leave a comment.

If you have a question I will try and respond via e-mail. Please make sure your blogger profile is linked to your e-mail, otherwise I wont be able to e-mail you back.

If you need to reach me feel free to e-mail me at marelizeries[at]gmail[dot]com

Thanks so much for reading



Keep quilting!

Maartje Quilt
Amsterdam

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Your quilting is beautiful. Your friend is very lucky!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Incredibly beautiful quilting. You are so brave cutting up your work but the placemats and the mug rugs will be awesome (despite all of the binding required)!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Love you hyper quilting.... too much fun!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen